Welcome to Australia .
Facts about Australia
Currency: Australian Dollar ($) (AUD)
Language: Although Australia has no official language, English is so entrenched that it has become the de facto national language
Australia is a very safe country compared with almost anywhere in the world. Political unrest is limited in Australia, crime rates are low and strict gun control laws provide a safe environment.
Australians value the wealth of cultural diversity and social sophistication that international students bring to our campuses and communities. We take great care in looking after international students and helping them adjust to the Australian way of life.
Australians are open, friendly people and you will receive a warm welcome. Many students living in Home stay situations experience Australian family life in a natural, friendly way and often they find themselves treated like a family member.
Top Reasons to Study in Australia
- Friendly & Multicultural Society:Ranked world’s best country to live and work, Australia is multicultural, friendly and values the wealth of cultural diversity. Australia is a safe and has low crime rate, strict gun control laws providing a safe environment. People from different continent have migrated making Australia as one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world.
- World Class Education:Australian universities are widely recognized for excellence in many disciplines.
Modern Infrastructure and resources for Students: Facilities for teaching, training and research are world-class in terms of state-of-the-art laboratories and classrooms, outstanding libraries and modern technology.
Greater Choice of courses and Degrees: Institutions in Australia offer a wide variety of course and degrees, making it easy to find a course right for you. Institutions deliver practical and career-orientated training so graduates can be confident they have the skills demanded by employers.
- Good Job Opportunities:Australia offers more job facilities in multiple disciplines as compared to US and UK which strict to IT professionals and Doctors respectively. Be it in agriculture or aeronautics, accounts or actuaries, Australia offer work permits to international students like none other.
- High standard of living in Low cost:In Australia, International student gets value for money in terms of cost of living and education.
- Getting Australian visa is easy:With Lengthy visa process for many countries, applying and getting an Australian Visa is way easier.
- Visa without English Test:Visa without English Test:
- Proof of Low funds required for VISA:Students going for bachelors and masters degrees are now need to show funds only for 18 months compared to previous 2 years. No proof of funds required for the tuition fees paid in advance.
Australia Education System:
The Australian education system is broadly divided into:
It is the highest level of graduate and postgraduate study in Australia. There are 41 universities in total – 38 public (government funded) and three private. You can study at the undergraduate level (Bachelor Degree) or postgraduate study level in Australia (Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, Masters, PhD).
These institutions are closely linked with various industries. As a result, the courses are very practical and skill-based. Vocational courses are provided at both the government-funded Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutes as well as private institutions. Many courses provide advanced standing into university degrees.
It is compulsory for children aged between 6 and 15, with matriculation exams for university generally taken at 19 years. Australian schools are public (government) or private (religious or independent).
Courses in English are undertaken for study, travel, immigration or business purposes. There are around 100 private English language centres in Australia. Some top ranking Australian universities and TAFE institutes also offer English language courses.
Australian Academic Year
The Australian academic year begins in early February for school students and late February/early March for vocational and university students. Most schools have three or four semesters whereas, universities and vocational institutes have two/three semesters, with exams at the end of each semester in June and November. There is a two- to four-week break between semesters. The long summer holiday break is from November or December to February.
Student support services
Education institutions in Australia are among some of the best in the world offering modern and innovative facilities that will ensure your time as a student is positive and valuable, preparing you for a successful career in your chosen field.
Student support forms a large part of Australia’s education system. Institutions take their responsibility to student welfare seriously. They provide specialist services to help international students adjust to life and study in Australia and to achieve their goals.
This includes student services such as:
- Language tuition;
- Designated international student advisers;
- On-arrival reception and orientation programs; and
- Health, counseling, accommodation and employment services.
Many Australian education institutions are like mini communities, so not only will you be able to undertake your studies amid world-class learning facilities, you will also be able to enjoy the social side of studying as well. You can join a club or society, improve your health and fitness in the gym, join a sports team or attend a social event.
Australian High Commission will accept English Language results from the following tests.
- TOEFL: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- IELTS: International English Language Testing System
- PTE: Pearson Test of English (Academic)
- CAE from Cambridge ESOL.
Applying for the Visa
Achievers International provides a wide range of services for studying in Australia. For information on Visa Service and any other services click here or contact our helpline for further assistance.
Some of the Universities we can get you admission into – Australia
USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT AUSTRALIA
Silver top Taxis 131 008
Black Cabs Combined Taxis: 13 22 27
Taxis Combined Services: +61-2 13-1008 or +61-2 9332-8888
RSL Cabs: +61-2 13 1581 or +61-2 9699-0144